At Spartanburg Community College we take pride in more than 40 years of providing quality educational programs to Upstate residents. Using the latest high-tech equipment and innovative teaching methods, we train students for jobs in demand today and in the future. With over 70 degree, certificate and diploma programs, and a host of continuing education courses for professional advancement and personal interest, STC has grown from serving 150 students in 1963 to over 20,000 credit and non-credit students annually throughout Spartanburg, Union and Cherokee counties.
Students may enroll in career programs to enter the work force immediately upon graduation. Career programs range from arts and sciences, business technology, health and human services to industrial and engineering techologies. Other students enroll in the University Transfer Program, designed for transfer to a four-year college or university.
Through the Continuing Education Division, local businesses and industries benefit from customized classes designed to train employees in computer and industrial training, occupational development and professional development seminars. Upstate residents choose from hundreds of community interest classes offered every semester.
In an effort to meet the growing educational needs of western Spartanburg County, the College established a satellite campus off Highway 290 at Commerce Park-the Spartanburg Community College BMW Center. The Center offers curriculum and continuing education classes, both day and evening, to accommodate busy work schedules.
Spartanburg Community College
Business I-85 at New Cut Road
Post Office Box 4386
Spartanburg, S.C. 29305
- The Interpreter Training Program is the only program of its kind in South Carolina where students acquire specific skills to work as beginning sign language interpreters who interpret spoken English into American Sign Language and into manually-coded English; as well as American Sign Language and manually-coded English into spoken words. The program is delivered on-line (Internet based) and through internships.
- Training for high paying industrial jobs
- Award-winning Horticulture Technology Program
- Engineering Technology Programs are accredited by the Technology Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology, Inc. (ABET)
- The University Transfer Program allows students to complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree at STC (receiving an associate in arts or an associate in science degree) and transfer credits to any state-supported college or university to complete the remaining two years of the bachelor's degree.
Links of Interest: